Friday, November 26, 2010

Trivandrum City

The place where I am staying now is not my city- Trivandrum. I came here not with many dreams. But this city taught me how to dream; how to aspire for it; how to take new challenges in life. It made me dream about the nook and cranny of the world. Sometimes, I do take a long walk along the streets. But in the daytime, it is not as charming, but the night offers a delight that makes me wanting to go again and again. I knew my native place  (Thrissur) is more beautiful than this city and I really do not understand why I am not too keen on my city. 

I once asked one of my friend about this and he said " We got something on August 15th, 1947, that's why you are y feeling so." Yes, he is absolutely right. Independence-I cherish it the most. I am not a hard core adventurous person and I am comfortable in the city only till nine o' clock. Here we do not have a busy night life. You cannot see any woman loitering in the city after nine o' clock. It would be of course different if I were in any other part of the world. The independence I am talking about is having my own space where I could enjoy my small pleasures.

I love to walk in the rain; wander alone in the bright lit  city ( though I have got somebody special in my life );eat from ' Pathayam' where you get only natural and organic food and also the delicious gooseberry soaked in honey; pray in the ' Perpetual Chapel' near by;  explore the nearest library; worship in the temple near by where the deity is Lord Krishna and much more.

It looks too simple, but not as simple as that coz we all are too cocooned in the hard and fast rules of a conventional and hypocritical society. Breaking those fetters is a herculean task. Let's see how far I can go to be just myself.

9 comments:

Cinner said...

Lets see how far you can go to be just myself. Very powerful. Your world intriques me very much. Independence, that is a great and glorious thing. maybe one day the rules will change, you deserve to be you....what is that picture of, it is very interesting. be well my friend.thanks for visiting my blog, and your right it has been too long. all the best.

Shalet Jimmy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shalet Jimmy said...

It is the picture of a conch shell and this large one is built in the Veli lake, one of the tourist attractions in Trivandrum. Thanks for all the comments.

She Writes said...

I am ever curious about India. Thank you for sharing your life with us.

Chandrika Shubham said...

Nice photo. :)
I am feeling tempting to visit Trivandrum. :)
Little things make life happier. :)

Shalet Jimmy said...

Thank you very much.

orannia said...

Lets see how far you can go to be just myself.

That's exactly it. It's not a competition with anyone else, but...stretching ourselves :)

Shalet Jimmy said...

Definitely it is not a competition but in my place you need permission from a lot of people to be yourself.I live in the most hypocritical society, Kerala.People just want to poke their nose into everything.We lack privacy.You have to hide to do anything you like.That's why I wrote like that.

Betty Manousos @ CUT AND DRY said...

India looks to me so magical.
I wish I could come visit the country some day.
Your post is so well written and thanks for sharing bits of your life and thoughts with us.

Have a wonderful week ahead!

B xx