Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Just this

Indian women have changed, their outlook, their dressing sense...We have become more global. But at times you see yourself clinging to your own identity..When I was a little girl, growing up means was having long hair, wearing sarees,bindi, bangles, anklets etc..but it has changed completely. Today, girls (including me) hardly wears saree  especially bindi which was once an identity of Indian women. 

Oh..I scribbled just like that...I love this song, I should say, the way she has dressed up. In this song, she is a naagin(snake). The first scene shows her transformation from a human form to a snake. Nothing scary but beautiful and enchanting. I love such fantasies. That's why I love this song

3 comments:

Priya Shankar said...

OMG! I love Sridevi.Thanks for posting this. I think it's strange too how much women have changed. No more bindis and sarees... strange how women's fashion evolves.

Anne Gallagher said...

I think when we leave our childhood behind, whether with our clothes or our traditions, we lose a part of ourselves in some way.

I've found, the older I get, the more I return to the ways of my childhood and ideals. Of course raising my own daughter makes a difference. I want her to know her culture and have that with her when she grows up.

Shalet Jimmy said...

That's true...Thank you for the comments.