Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My Love - BOOKS



I started reading books when I was about sixteen years of age. I was from a family where nobody ever read any books and I loved books. Books were always a taboo. I even did not read a single comic book. Unlike my school, my college offered me a world of books. I never bunked college and was always in the library. I started off with Enid Blyton series, and then moving on to Nancy Drew series. I was wonder struck when I got to know about the little adventures they had. I never had an adventurous childhood. It was just school and home and story books offered me a lot which I could not have imagined even in my wildest dreams.

The reading took a new twist when one of my senior offered Ken Follett’s Third Twin. I met characters who never thought and acted like me. But I was fascinated by them. I also started reading Sydney Shelden, Danielle Steele, Jeffrey Archer, biographies, autobiographies and lots of other books. After much convincing, I made my dad to get me a membership in a library nearby. But things could not continue as such.

My tastes started changing. I thought it was changing and started to read those books which hardly catered to me (I wanted to read serious books). In the meantime I read a lot of books and found my passion for reading slowly eroding. I was terribly upset. But blogging helped me a lot. I didn't write any posts but  read  blogs and was relieved to find that my passion was still there, only I made the wrong choice.

Here I am, again reading books that I really like...

7 comments:

Betty Manousos @ CUT AND DRY said...

I tend to read books that I can relate to. I love biography books too.
Interesting post, thanks for sharing it.

Hope you have a great day!

B xx

WhisperingWriter said...

I love books.

I used to read a lot of Danielle Steel but her plots started to be basically the same.

Shalet Jimmy said...

That's right...I like her ' Accident' the most and ' granny dan' resembled 'Titanic'.

Chandrika Shubham said...

I love to read books as well as blogs. :)

acp said...

great...

danya said...

Just wanted to say, thanks for dropping by my blog and commenting! Oh, and Enid Blyton's books are so much fun, I liked reading them too when I was younger :D

Happy New Year to you as well!

Happy Kitten said...

Good to know that we share the same love for books and authors too :) I was lucky to start reading early since my Mother was an avid reader. Books and magazines were hence available from the time my eyes could decipher words. Do try and read Ken Follett's Pillars of the Earth too.
I am sure you will soon have a grand library for your own children to enjoy :)