Saturday, February 5, 2011

Incredible India

 This is the text I received on my mobile...I do not think I should clarify further.

What is India??? " 
A nation where Pizza  reaches home faster than Ambulance and Police.

Where you get car loan at 8% but education loan at 10%.
Where rice is Rs.20/- and sim card is free.
Where people worships Goddess Durga and kills brutally the female foetus.
Where Olympic shooter wins gold, govt gives 3 crore (30 million) and another shooter dies fighting the terrorists, the govt gives 1 lakhs ( 100 000).

Really an Incredible India


6 comments:

acp said...

say incredible indians....

Priya Shankar said...

Where people worships Goddess Durga and kills brutally the female foetus

.... that is the greatest irony right?

Kate Evangelista said...

Congratulations! Reads, Reviews, Recommends has chosen your blog for the Life is Good Award: http://kateevangelistarandr.blogspot.com/2011/02/life-is-good-award.html

Hema P. said...

India is nothing if not a collection of contradictions... and some realities are harsher than others unfortunately...

Shalet Jimmy said...

Thanks Priya Shankar, Hema P.
Kate, Thank you very much for the award..

Anita said...

That really struck me deeply - made me pause and think.

I'm very interested to read more of your posts and will do so periodically.