Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Is it funny?


This incident was told by my room mate and she was told by her friend's mother. Her friend's mother, though a Keralite, was born and brought up in Uttar Pradesh, where you could find monkeys and peacocks in plenty. When she was  very young, I mean, very very young, she was abducted by a monkey.

Would do you believe this?

Yup, She was taken away by a monkey and it tucked her to its lap and then the monkey took her away to the terrace of her house. Every one was alarmed and started thinking of rescuing the baby from the monkey's clutches. They were not ready to scare the monkey as they thought it would throw the baby from the terrace.

Somebody got a terrific idea that literally saved the baby. They started flaunting different fruits and it attracted the attention of the monkey from the baby.
" That's how I was saved," she said. She also joked that she was really cute that the monkey could not resist its temptation.

I was just thinking, what would have happened if they did not get that fruits?

7 comments:

Maya said...

very interesting..

Saumya said...

Okay, that's just extremely scary!! Those monkeys can be crazy. Glad she was saved. Thanks for sharing that story :)

Jidhu Jose said...

OMG.....did she remember that moment clearly?

Agnija said...

Oh! Yes, I would believe it. We had monkeys where I grew up. When I was very little, I was staying home from school because of a fever and when my mother walked in to check in on me sometime in the afternoon she found monkeys in the room. (they always got into our homes). Apparently I told my mother "It's ok. The monkey was just checking if I had a fever!"

Shalet Jimmy said...

Monkey checking fever. That's really sounds cool.

Betty Manousos@ Cut and Dry said...

interesting story, glad she was saved.

i love monkeys for some reason.

b xx

p.s. love the new template.

Shalet Jimmy said...

Thanks a lot.Betty@Glad to hear that you liked my template. I was in search of a Victorian lady and my search ended with the above picture.