Thursday, May 9, 2013

published in The Hindu ( Newspaper )

This is something I came across in the news paper on Friday.
Absolutely heart wrenching photograph.
Though saddened by the picture to the core, but complacent to beleive that they are together even in death.




As life ebbed away:We do not know who they are. This heart-wrenching scene of togetherness as their life snuffed out emerged when rescue workers in Dhaka were clearing the rubble of an eight-storey building that collapsed on April 24. Over 900 lives were lost when Rana Plaza, that housed five garment factories employing nearly 4,000 workers, came down. This picture shot by Bangladesh photographer Taslima Akhter perhaps captures an entire nation’s grief in a single image.

2 comments:

KParthasarathi said...

Very sad indeed.Any calamity brings grief but this togetherness only heightens it.

Namrata said...

I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight as this image is going to hunt me and I'm going to cry a lot..a lot till my eyes hurt. Why does this happen with innocent people!!!