Sunday, August 25, 2013

They were good friends



Jesus and Krishna were child hood friends....... Perhaps, I formed this opinion from those many stories which I have got to hear from my father. Once he narrated me this beautiful story.

So you know Shalet…….. “ Two little children - Jesus and Krishna were good friends 
…..And one day, they decided to make a short trip into a forest nearby. The views were mesmarising – Trees, birds, flowers, rivulets….and what not.

Hours just flew by. But when they reached deep inside the forest, both of them started feeling cold.  Krishna who had come prepared, took out a blanket from his bag and covered himself and started moving ahead.


Jesus felt sad for Krishna, his best friend did not even ask whether he was feeling cold or needed a blanket. Jesus felt sad but kept quiet at his friend's inconsiderate behaviour. Because he loved Krishna very much.

Jesus walked with him without complaining and thought his friend was too immersed in the beauty of the forest that he might have completely forgotten about him.


After sometime, they both got hungry. Jesus looked around. There were no trees with fruits in sight.  He was famished.

What will we do now? Jesus turned around asking and there, his best friend Krishna was comfortably eating the food which he had brought.

 Tears welled up in his eyes. He never thought his friend would be inconsiderate. But he liked Krishna too much that he did not want to get angry with him. Instead, he sat beside him and reminded him a verse from Bible.

 “ Krishna, haven't you heard what Bible says - “Whoever has two tunics is to share with him who has none, and whoever has food is to do likewise.”  Without any emotion Krishna stared at him and reminded another verse from the Bible “You shall not covet anything that belongs to your neighbour,” he retorted.


Young Jesus started crying at the top of his voice and asked “ I am your friend and how could you forget me?.

Seeing this, young Krishna suddenly embraced Jesus and said “I just wanted to know whether you would always be with me through all odds and I knew that you would not leave me whatever happens. You know my blanket is too long to accommodate both of us. And I have enough food for both of us. You are my only friend and I will never leave you,” he said.


I was surprised when I saw this photograph in the internet. 

8 comments:

Bill the Butcher said...

Yeah, the Jesus myth and the Krishna myth have very many features in common, and arose at the same rough period in history. So you could call these two fictional characters brothers. At least as figments of fantasy.

KParthasarathi said...

First time I am hearing such a story.But it has a great message.
Come up with more such tales if you have in stock.Thanks Shalet

Shalet Jimmy said...

Thanks KP Sir.....

Chatty Crone said...

Sorry I don't believe it. I believe in Jesus Christ as the real Son of God.

Ashraf achu said...

Nice imagination ..

Ashraf achu said...

Nice imagination ..

Shalet Jimmy said...

Thanks a lot..

Diwakar Narayan said...

Surprisingly, I never heard this story. Fresh one!