Sunday, September 1, 2013

Little pleasures can make you a happy person

 
One of my friends shared me a link of blogadda asking to nominate my blog for the blogadda award.  With a hectic schedule around, I would not have given it a second thought.  Surprisingly, I had suffice time that day and I went for it.

Guess what? my blog got selected not for the award but for the competition. The blogadda has also opened two contests. One in travel writing and the other in the category of 'do it right' stories ( writing incidents or stories which have a message to convey). I applied for the second as I have plenty of such stories. Surprisingly, after two days, I got an email saying that my story was selected to get it featured on the home page of http://www.doright.in/ .

 Though I did not make it to the finals, at least I was selected. My friend asked for a celebration. He says getting selected in anything needs a celebration what ever tiny the achievement is. He is right. When I started this blog, I never thought I would stick to it even after 3 years of its commencement. I did not get much encouragement at the outset. Many discouraged me saying that I was just cut out to do the job of a copy writer and not a writer. I was a copy writer when I started this blog and after three years I am a reporter. Hence I decided I would celebrate wherever I was if I could garner 50 followers. Three years back, it seemed a distant reality. And celebrated when my followers button started showing 50.

Sadly, I forgot even to be happy when I passed the first phase of a competition launched by a prominent platform in my country. You may perceive it as trivial. But it is not.

 The happiness of success eludes you if you do not know to revel in it. What is the point if you can't derive happiness from your success? I sadly realised that I have shoved off my little pleasures which made me happy when I was striving to make a decent living to the back burner.  Sometimes you  get immersed totally in something or somebody thinking that it is epitome of your happiness. This misconception completely drifts you away from the real love or passion of your life.

Books always made me happy. But I am scared now that even they cannot bring me happiness. I feel that I am missing out a lot of beautiful things in the world. Now I am making frantic efforts to find out what makes me happier. But so far with little success.

So friends never let anyone or anything to take away your little pleasures. Because that little pleasures make your life. And allowing anybody or anyone to snatch it away means you are permitting them to destroy your life. Don't allow it.

6 comments:

KParthasarathi said...

Congratulations on your featuring in blogadda contest.No one can take away your little pleasures without your permission.To rejoice at the little things that we can find if we care to see around is within our reach.
I wrote on this in http://kpsarathi.blogspot.in/2009/05/being-happy-at-little-things.html
You may read if inclined

Shalet Jimmy said...

I read that post KP Sir.It was in deed a beautiful post.

Bill the Butcher said...

Congratulations. Of course your friend's entirely correct; you have to celebrate your achievements. Whether they're minor in the eyes of others is immaterial.

Jidhu Jose said...

"never let anyone or anything to take away your little pleasures. Because that little pleasures make your life"

congrats and continue your journey

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Happy Kitten said...

You are on your way dear girl!! you have it in you..all those words that you devoured are already tumbling out in a beautiful way..

All the best!