Sunday, June 12, 2016

Miss YOU and THOSE days

Diary 6/13/16

I was writing incessantly for the past five years because I was a journalist. Hence, I never felt the need to update my blogs, frequently. I started my first blog to learn writing. But as my job offered a lot of space for writing, I hardly bothered to update it, regularly.  

Apart from this above mentioned reason, I always felt writing at home a bit tedious. I could never figure out the reason for long. Now, I understood what was preventing me from writing.
I never had a ‘Table and Chair’ to write comfortably. During my journalism days at Kerala, I stayed at houses with minimum furniture. There might be chairs but not a proper table. 

Without a table and a chair, you would end up in your bed with your laptop/netbook.. Sleep can invade you soon. After sitting uncomfortably for long, you would want to lie down. Then, the laptop/notebook would be on your belly. Your head would ache and it can soon destroy your concentration.


One fine morning, may be today…I realized that I missed many things by not being active in the blogs.

I started two of my blogs 7 years ago. I was active for three years. When I pondered over those days, I could not believe that I was secure amidst so many insecurities when I was writing there. I never went out seeking friends for I had many from the blogging world. Never once did I suspect of their genuineness. It was their inspirational words which made me think for the first time that I also could write. I used to spend hours in front of the computer reading others’ blogs. Many lives just unraveled before me and it was a pleasant experience. I came to know a lot about the other world. When it was Christmas, New Year or Halloween, those blogs would look absolutely fantastic. 

I never ever felt that they were miles apart. You would get genuine responses from them. I remember putting up a post where I said I was not able to write. Anne Gallagher, who has now become a renowned writer, told me this :

“Speech is silver, silence is golden, then thinking must be platinum.
Here's something to think about and then write...
It was a dark and stormy night. The trees swayed in the whistling wind...
Now you finish it.

Oh!…How I miss them.

I would not have become a print journalist, had I not interacted with them. 
If you ask me if I ever had been nostalgic, my answer would be a ‘ NO’. Because, each day came with a new experience and I never had to look back. But if I really want anything back it, would be those blogging days where I felt the bloggers were like a family. We used to encourage each other by giving them awards and linking their blogs. Is that custom still in place or is it that I could not see it as I was on a hiatus.

I want to come back – blog and write.

Pic Courtesy : Google/pinterest...


6 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

Very well-written post. And super cool that you've gotten so much from blogging in the past, that it helped you to today.

Happy Writing :-)

Shalet Jimmy said...

Thanks a lot ....Happy Whisk...

KParthasarathi said...

The lack of a good table and chair to my mind seems a lame excuse!!Luckily it is not available anymore.l am looking forward to your posts eagerly.Why don't you start one with the initial lines that your blogger friend Anne Gallagher had suggested

Shalet Jimmy said...

Writing is the only thing now I wanted to do, Parthasarathy Sir....

Haddock said...

used to spend hours in front of the computer reading others’ blogs. - was it mine ?

He he, jokes apart. I was just going through some of my old posts (to send a few links to some one in the Andamans) and then I saw this girl Shalet Jimmy who commented on my post about an year ago. I was wondering "where is this girl? Long time no see"
And that is how I landed here.

Shalet Jimmy said...

Hi Haddock....You were very much in the list. Thanks a lot for dropping by.